Friday, November 17, 2006

Yeah! He’s Back

My wonderful husband has been in NY all week visiting his family. Here’s a picture of him, his dad and his siblings above. He’s been having a good time, eating good NY food and I’m really happy for him. But he’s back!!! Yeah!!!

Okay, I’ll be the first one to admit that I’m a big nerd when it comes to Tom. I’ll to go on record though that I’m really cool in all other areas of life. I love my husband. Imagine that I married him over 25 years ago because I enjoy spending time with him. I enjoy sharing life – good and bad. I know it’s a concept that might be hard to understand to some, but I’ll try.

There comes a time in your life if you’re a Christian that you realize that God has chosen someone for you. Someone special to love you and cherish you. When you choose that person, you’re choosing many things – love, honor, obey, in sickness and in health, richer and poorer, until you are parted by death. It’s sad to see how many people don’t honor that and give up and move on. Some after significant amounts of time sharing their lives and raising their children. What a shame.

The following is not for the weak of stomach. Be warned before you continue reading it gets mushy.

I realized anytime he goes away how much I miss his smile, his laugh, and the sound of his voice, his touch and just being in the same room with him. It doesn’t matter what we’re doing. It’s the everyday in and out of ordinary life that I enjoy. I love when we have opportunity to spend time doing things that are adventurous and fun, but I’m good watching a movie and sitting next to him.

I am so blessed that at such a young age (sixteen) God brought Tom into my life. You could read all about how we met in my May 18th blog article, How It All Got Started. Check out the second half of the story, The Rest of It. I have never regretted giving him my heart. I’m not saying that we haven’t had our fights or our disagreements but at the end of the day I’m grateful that God chose him for me. He’s my first love and my only love. Thank you Lord for the partner you chose for me for I couldn’t have chosen better for myself in a million years. Thank you Tom for loving me and being such a good father to our children. You have my heart always.

© Nadine Z. 2006

1 comment:

Dianna said...

I LOVE the 'how we met story". I toast your mushiness!