It may seem silly to some to celebrate our “dating” anniversary, but it’s something we have always done. There were times when we gave each other gifts and other times just cards. This year, I’m taking the day off and we are going out to a new restaurant in town. I’m always excited to spend time alone with him; it’s the best type of present for me.
I don’t claim to be an expert on love or relationships, but I’ve noticed a few things:
- Love is a decision – you may not always want to say yes.
- Love changes – it grows because if it doesn’t, it just gets stale and smelly.
- Love gives – much more than it takes.
- Love hopes – there is light at the end of the tunnel.
- Love forgives – it doesn’t keep a record of wrongs.
- Love sacrifices – it always chooses to put the other first.
- Love is eternal – it’s meant to last forever.
- Love protects – you from the storms.
- Love laughs – when you have sorrow.
- Love makes you smile – it brings more joy than pain.
- Love is worth it – because there is nothing else like it.
There is so much more I could say about love, but I’ll leave that for another day.
Today, I want to thank God for the man He’s given me. He’s been a great husband, father, lover, friend, encourager, protector, and I’m glad he’s mine. He is perfect for me and I love him more today than yesterday (and that’s saying a lot). I love you Tom and I will always remain,
If you would like to read a wonderful post Tom wrote about this special day, go and visit his blog. Click here. Let him know you dropped by. Thank you honey for loving me so.
© Nadine Z. 2008