List at least five movie/TV quotes you’ve used in a regular conversation. Tell what movie/TV show it’s from and which character said it and how you use it. You can list more if you wish.
1. “Liar….liar!!” From the Princess Bride said by Valerie to Miracle Max. Anytime I think someone is stretching the truth.
2. “Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.” From the Godfather said by Clemenza. No particular reason, we say this all the time because we think it’s funny.
3. “You jump, I’ll jump Jack.” From the Gilmore Girls said by Rory. Every time Tom wants to do something adventurous I say this to him.
4. “Have fun storming the castle.” From the Princess Bride said by Valerie & Miracle Max. Anytime someone is leaving to go somewhere.
5. “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.” From Godfather III said by Michael.
6. "How you doing?" From Friends said by Joey. It's a fun way to greet people who love your New York accent.
I could have done this with just Godfather quotes, but I wanted to mix it up a bit.
Book Meme – I was tagged to this by Happy Baker. The rules are simple – pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages. Open the book to page 123. Find the 5th sentence. Post the next 3 sentences.
When I did this, the closest book was a comparative study bible.
And he said, “God be gracious to you, my son.” Deeply moved at the sight of his brother, Joseph hurried out and looked for a place to weep. He went into his private room and wept there.
If you’re looking for something fun and easy to do, pick which one you’ll like to play with or just enjoy these. Have a great weekend.
© Nadine Z. 2008
Double click on the picture above to see a larger version.