Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother’s Day

Tom and I took a day trip to see our daughter for Mother’s Day on Saturday. It was such a great day. As you can see by the picture above that’s my lovely daughter. For those of you who don’t know her, let me explain some things before telling you what she got me for Mother’s Day.

My daughter doesn’t like her picture taken. In fact, it’s safe to say hates her picture taken. She wasn’t interested in doing senior pictures when she graduated high school. The thought of posing in front of camera in different outfits and poses was not her idea of a good time. In fact that last time she posed for pictures was when she was fifteen. She’s now twenty four. This is not to say I didn’t sneak a snapshot of her here and there, but I’m talking professional pictures.

When we got to her apartment, she told me she had a present for me, but didn’t have a chance to get a card. I had told her I didn’t want a present from her or her brother because she’s a college student and he works from job to job. She hands me a thin paper bag and I open it. I can tell it’s a picture holder. I figured she had given me a picture of something she’s taken before (she has taken some great pictures for photography class). I opened up the holder and the above picture was in it. I believe screams of joy, tears, hugs, and lots kisses followed. It was the best present she could have given me.

She had made arrangements the last time she was home with our favorite church resident professional photographer, Dianna, to have pictures taken for me. She posed for over a hundred pictures and then picked the one above for me so I can have it framed.

We had a great day and dinner at Outback. The only thing that would have made it complete is if my son was with us. He’s a good son and I’ll get a special call from him. I love my kids and their dad. I’m truly blessed.

For all of your moms out there, be blessed today and always. Have a Happy Mother’s Day.

© Nadine Z. 2008

P.S. Now it’s back to those edits.

35 comments:

Keshi said...

LOVELY PIC! She's lovely!

Happy Mums Day Nadine MWAH!

Keshi.

Shionge said...

This is so sweet and what a lovely gift for Mother's Day, I shared your joy Nadine :D

Happy Mother's Day my dear friend.

Scarlet said...

She is beautiful. Love the hair!!

How sweet of her to do something she normally wouldn't do to make you happy. You have a wonderful daughter.

Enjoy your day and dinner at Outback!

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Happy Mother's Day to an exquisite Mom, brilliant lady and beautiful soul! I am so happy to know you!
Sharon - Pinks & Blues

Jen(n) said...

Happy Mothers Day!!!!

Your great family is soooo blessed to have you as a mom!

Anonymous said...

Nadine, your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. What a special, special Mother's Day present to you.

Have a wonderful, glorious Mother's Day, as you deserve it!

xo,
Jane

Tammy said...

Oh Nadine...such a wonderful present, and she is beautiful! Just like her mom!

I have to add...would you believe I did the same thing for my parents at exactly the same age as she is- 24! I went to a studio and surprised my parents with my portrait!

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

GASP! She is gorgeous! You could be sisters (and I am so not buttering you up!) What a wonderful gift. Happy Mother's Day

Damselfly said...

I think pictures are a great gift, but of course, I also just blogged about that....

Your daughter looks like such a nice blend of you and your husband. What gorgeous hair!

Louise said...

WOW she is a beautie!!! (Just like mama)

Happy Mothers day to you!!!

Anonymous said...

she is gorgeous! not to mention she looks just like you!!!
Happy Mother's day!

Anonymous said...

Happy mums day :)

Brenda said...

She's gorgeous! What a special gift to cherish!
Have a blessed week.
Brenda :)

Knitting Mania said...

Oh Nadine, she is just lovely...so pretty, looks like you I have to say!! That hair oh my, is gorgeous!

Well what a wonderful day you and Tom had. Hat's off to all the amazing mother's in the world!

Blessings--

palmtreefanatic said...

Oh wow!!! I love the photo Nadine!
Wow she is so beautiful and looks just like her mother!
Thanks for sharing this with all of us! I am so glad you had a nice time there and Want to wish you a Happy mothers Day!

Linda said...

What a lovely, heartfelt gift your beautiful daughter gave you...you are blessed!

I hope you got that special call from your son too!

Happy Mother's Day!

Ann(ie) said...

OH WOW. She is a beauty. And she's got that beautiful curl. I have a lot of hair and a lot of curl, but my curl is not pretty curl. It's fuzzy curl. Ask her if I can buy her hair???????

What a thoughtful gift.

I'm glad your day was fabulous!!

xo.

Dawn said...

Nadine, what a beautiful picture of a beautiful young woman! What a perfect and thoughtful gift she gave to you! I can see that she has your coloring and gorgeous hair, but I can also see some of her dad's features, too. Clearly, she was a joint effort between the two of you! Ha!

Happy Mother's Day! Dawn

Demara said...

That is a beautiful photo, I like how the background is faded out a bit.

Dawn said...

What a selfless gift she chose to give you - she is lovely!

Do you ever get to Colorado? Cause I don't think I can bring the twins out there - at least not any time soon! It would be such fun to meet.

EM said...

Happy Mother's Day! Nadine you truly are blessed with a wonderful family who love you very much. Today while we were honoring our mother's I wanted to let you know that I too honor you! May the Creater of the universe pour our extravagent blessings upon you! Thank you for being one of my spiritual mother's!

United Studies said...

Again, why does she not like to have her photo taken? She's quite beautiful and very photogenic! And looks like your twin!

Diane Viere said...

Nadine--Your daughter is stunningly beautiful!!!!

What a beautiful gift....from the heart...she knew what would bless you--didn't she!

Ah--deep breath! I love it when that happens!

So glad to hear you had such a joyous Mother's Day....Ah--another deep breath! I love it when THAT happens!!!!

Diane

j said...

Gosh she is Gorgeous!

She really stepped out of her comfort zone for you. Selfless and sacrificial giving!

I am so glad that you had a lovely Mother's Day, Nadine. Outback would have been one of my top choices too!

Take care of yourself as you continue with your edits.

Jennifer

Knit-Wit said...

What a sweet Mother's Day present. You are blessed.

Sandy said...

That is the best present!

She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That would be the absolute best Mother's Day gift ever! She's absolutely gorgeous and look at her hair! Wow! She has beautiful parents so it's not surprising how beautiful she is...awww! : )

Melanie said...

What a special gift!

Jill said...

What a beautiful girl - and love that HAIR! (I'm sure NO ONE has ever commented on it before - ha!). Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Lynda Meyers said...

Absolutely gorgeous! (of course, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!)

a woman who is said...

Oh sweet girl, made her momma cry!

She is a good one that beauty!

Cheri said...

What a nice present...and gorgeous photo. I don't like having my picture taken either.

Deb said...

She is beautiful! Just like her mom.
I never liked my picture taken growing up either.
Glad to hear you had a nice mothers day. Hugz Debz

Toby Parsons said...

Your daughter is positively beautiful. She looks like you Nadine. :)

That was 'so' sweet of her. Truly from her heart for her dear momma. :)

CC said...

What an awesome gift! Gorgeous hair! I always wanted curls!