Monday, April 20, 2009

Fort Mills, SC

Tom and I had a long ride from Birmingham, AL to Fort Mill, SC. I was hoping to be able to connect with another blog friend along the way, but it didn’t work out, which was sad. I hope there is another opportunity in the future. Because of the shape of SC we drove through it first and then NC and then back to SC. I thought that was funny.

We are staying with our friends the Thompson’s (Jason & Danielle). They used to be members of our church in WA State until they moved. She gave me this lovely gift.
Their kids are so adorable and very smart. They were excited to have us stay at their house and they just talked and talked. They made me laugh. Here are pictures of these cutie pies.

The oldest girl. Love the missing teeth - I think kids with missing teeth are the cutest they could possibly be. She is very articulate for a six year old. The oldest son. He is 100% boy but has such a sweet spirit about him. He does great impressions from the movie Bolt.
The youngest girl. She can talk a mile a minute. I was honored she let me comb her hair. It was fun to fix a little girl's hair again.
The youngest boy. You would think with three older siblings he didn't speak much, but no. I love when kids start to learn to speak. It's direct and to the point. He also liked when I brush his hair.
We got to spend the day with the Troutman’s (Jen & Ty). They too were members of our church in WA State. They have two beautiful boys that melted my heart with their hugs. It took a while for them to warm up to us, but once they did, we got hugs and kisses. The older brother is almost two and the baby is only 6 months.

The big brother with his daddy. He has a great laugh. I love his red hair and light blue eyes. We started our time together playing peek-a-boo until he warmed up to me. We became great pals.
Here's the youngest boy with his mom. When he smiled his whole face lit up. I was so thrilled that he let me hold him right away. He was so warm and accepting.
We took a very short walk with the boys. They were styling while walking around the neighborhood.
We just kept smiling all day long from all the love from all these beautiful children.

We’ll be here for a couple of days and I hear there is a guy’s night planned and a girl’s night planned.

Loving this road trip.

© Nadine Zawacki 2009

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

kids are fun...
i hope and pray we can have some some day:/

BIG Sean said...

Hi Na,

I love reading about peoples trips. I feel like I am traveling with you guys. Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time. Can't wait to read the rest. Give Tom a hug for me.

Love Lori

chelle said...

You totally know how to road trip! Have fun!

Danni said...

Wow, Na - those are amazingly cute kids! They must have awesome parents! Love you guys!

Bex said...

i'm interested in those bolt impressions - that movie rocked!

thanks again for sharing your trip wit hall of us!

Dawn said...

I'm glad you're having so much fun visiting "old" friends. And a girls' night out - woohoo!!! Have fun!

Blessings!

Dawn said...

What fun! There is nothing like reconnecting with people from the past and having it be seamless.

Christina said...

I loved your pictures. The kids are so adorable. I too love little kids especially the one with missing teeth. So cute.

It looks like you are having an awesome time. I am having fun living your road trip with you. It must of been so awesome to hook up with old friends.

Thanks for the prayers for my sister. I put up another request for my daughter who has had a cyst on her brain for years and now needs to see a neurosurgeon because it has decided to fill up again.

Jill said...

Adorable kids. Glad you're having a great road trip. That NC/ SC/ NC thing is funny to me, too...and confusing. So sorry we didn't connect. I told my husband your voice on the phone was just filled with sunshine! Be safe!

Dawn said...

I have a question...Who are those grown up kids and what have you done with our friends children?....I don't recognize these ones...Way too grown up!

Shionge said...

What fun and they kids are so adorable Nadine. Glad you meet up with them and having an enjoyable time :D

Knitting Mania said...

Stopping by to check in on your road trip. Wow you've put in some miles Nadine. So glad you were able to see Ty & Jen, they look wonderful and those cute boys. I know Mike and Ann are so proud.

Those pod things are amazing...we have a friend that is going that route too with her move. Sounds like a good way to go to me.

Have fun on your journey and safe travels!!

Deb said...

Happy to see your enjoying the ride!
Those kids are beautiful!

Theresa said...

any chance of you driving by CT on your way?

Shadraq said...

yeah, I like peekaboo