Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Friends

I just want to take this time to write about friends. I’ve been blessed from the time I was seven with good friends. No matter where God moved me, good friends were found. It’s amazing how a kind or encouraging word (or comment on someone’s new blog post), a phone call or well placed prayer makes a difference in someone’s life. It’s the little things we take for granted that mean so much to someone else. When was the last time you were prompted to call a friend and later in the conversation learned they were having a bad day.

Today I was blessed by a good friend who wanted me to know that I mattered and was appreciated. She came by my job and bought me flowers and gave me an encouraging card. Why would she do this? Because she’s my friend and I was upset about something the other day and it was her way of showing me she cared. Thanks, Dawn.

Friends are important to everyone. I hope that I’m as good of friend to others the way Dawn was to me today. So here’s to all those friends out that make our lives very special. Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Copyright © Nadine Z. 2006

No comments: