Sunday, November 05, 2006

An Egging Story

I love eggs. Eggs are good for breakfast, scrambled or as part of an omelet. I love to cook with eggs. So many good things are made with eggs. But sometimes an egg can be a bad thing. When I was leaving for church this morning, I noticed that my car had been egged. I can’t remember that ever happening before. I mean, I lived in New York City most of my life and my house or car was never egged. I lived in West Virginia and my car or house was never egged. But today, in my nice quiet neighborhood, my car and my garage was egged.

Funny thing is that it didn’t make me mad or upset. Annoyed yes, but not mad. I knew when we got back home I would have to take care of it. I forgot all about it by the time we reached church. There were more important things on my mind. Today we installed three new elders as the two we have now were getting ready to step down. It was a really good day and it went so well. Church was really good.

When I got home, I still had to deal with the dried egg. Tom suggested I look on line to see how to best do it. It’s amazing that you can “google” anything and find an answer on line. The answer I found was not promising, but I tried not to let it get me down. The article I found said it’s best to get dried egg off as soon as possible, within two hours would be ideal. It also cautioned that you might have to a touch up on your paint job. I got a cloth, some water, and said a little prayer. It started to rain as I was cleaning. I’m thinking this is great, but I still didn’t get mad. The egg came off without too much difficulty and the paint managed to stay intact. I said a little prayer for the person who did this and even forgave them for causing damage to my property. I was extremely grateful when it all worked out.

It got me to thinking that sometimes things happened and it creates a mess. When you first look at the situation it may appear that it’s beyond repair. The solution to the problem may also appear to be more hassle than you think, but with a little prayer it all works out. I’ll try to remember the next time that a little dried egg may not be as bad as it look. God rocks for He’s faithful in even the little things.

© Nadine Z.

No comments: