Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hooray! I Did It!

There is nothing so satisfying as accomplishing a goal you set out to do. My thought was that for the month of November I would post a blog a day. I was feeling a bit stuck in the creative process. I thought that if I would post a blog a day, then maybe I would have an idea for a second book. God was good, because He gave it to me before the month was out.

It was challenging to come up with postings. I even started a post that I entitled, Desperately Seeking Interesting Thoughts. It started like this:

I so wanted to write about something interesting. I stared at the blank piece of virtual paper willing it to inspire me to greatness. Okay I would have settled for pretty good. So I stared for about ten minutes until I couldn’t stare any longer. I had to try to put words on the page – any words. Words that don’t make sense, it didn’t matter so long as my fingers were moving. This was an exercise that made me feel better but didn’t change anything. I still didn’t have anything to say. I am desperately seeking interesting thoughts.

I just couldn’t post it though. It was too crazy, even for me, but I thought it was funny to share now.

I haven’t had much time to spend on the new story, but the time I do spend is exhilarating. I have been very encouraged by the progress I made in my postings. I was asked if I plan to continue posting daily and I would really like to try to. Tomorrow I head out for an electronic free weekend with Tom. So there will be no postings for the next few days, but I’ll be back maybe on Sunday, but definitely by Monday.

© Nadine Z. 2006

No comments: