Sunday, December 17, 2006

Church Christmas Party

Today church went well. It’s not because my husband’s the pastor, but I have to say that he did a great job with his sermon today. Instead of preaching what he had prepared, the Lord put upon his heart a message of repentance during worship. He preached from the heart a message that not only touched me, but touched many people. It was a now word.

As he was speaking the Lord, placed upon my heart someone I had to approach and ask forgiveness for something I said several years ago. In itself what I said was not the most horrible thing you can say to someone, but the damage it did was far reaching. This person and I have had a relationship for years, but it wasn’t what the Lord wanted for them or for me. I’m so grateful that they received my apology with such grace. It was a true blessing for the both of us I believe.

Knowing that today after church we were to have a church Christmas party some pastors might have foregone the “warm fuzzy” message of repentance, setting relationships right, and keeping short accounts with God. My husband is not most pastors. If he had, healing wouldn’t have taken place, not only for me but for the dozen or so people that came up to him afterward. How many more people were touched, but didn’t go up to him?

The church Christmas party was great. Everyone had a good time and by the time we left it was almost 3:00 o’clock. Our people are the best. Rick and Lynn you both did a great job today in the organization of the party. Then there were all those who helped not only set up but the important job of cleaning everything up and taking out the garbage, etc. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I love our people and our church.

Lord, thank you for the people you have brought to the church and bless each of them for they are great blessing to me and my family.

© Nadine Z. 2006

No comments: