Saturday, December 23, 2006

An Elegant Invitation

Tom and I had an invitation to attend a Christmas party our youth were hosting. It was quite the elegant affair. Two of the young ladies planned, shopped and decorated for the event. They did a fantastic job. The tables were covered in cloth, had little chocolate kisses as accents, and a rose vase adorned each one. There were lights everywhere and they made room for a large dance floor. It probably took them a couple of days to make the place look so good. They set up a large table so that they could all sit together as a group to eat dinner. There was a chocolate fountain and fruit for dipping. If that wasn’t enough, they also had Christmas cookies and chocolates. It was stunning. I was very impressed with all the work that went into it.

Such an elegant setting called for formal attire. I never met a group of young people who enjoy dressing up as much as they do. The girls looked beautiful in their evening gowns and the guys looked handsome.

They were respectful of each other and behaved accordingly. I had a great time dancing with them. I must say they tolerated my old people dance skills with such finesse. They never once made me feel like the old lady in the room. I laughed, I danced and had a great time watching their interactions with each other.

I’ve said this once and I’ll say it again, when I grow up I want to be like them. You guys rock and I love you all!

© Nadine Z. 2006

No comments: