Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Babe

Today, forty-eight years ago a miracle happened. What miracle was that? My amazing hubby was born. His parents were young, but they brought him up right. His mom really knew how to love. She taught him many things - among them, respect, love and how to be a gentleman. His dad modeled how to love your wife and daughter. I have to say he’s improved on those things he learned from them.

He’s a great husband. He loves me. He honors me. He respects me. He protects me. He adores me. He’s passionate towards me. He encourages me. He romances me. He’s the shoulder I cry on and the arms I celebrate in. He believes in me. He makes me great dinners. He makes time for me. He makes me laugh. He fills my heart. He’s perfect for me.

He’s a great father. He loves our children. He modeled for them what a husband and father should be. I know they will improve on that. Our daughter wants to marry a man that will love her the way her father loves her mother. That’s an awesome compliment from a twenty four year old. Our son is strong and independent like his dad. Both of our children are reaching for their dreams, because he encouraged them. He taught them they can do and be anything. He taught them not to settle. He spent time with them. He listened when they needed to speak to someone. Even though they are far away, they call their Pops when there is a problem.

He’s a great pastor and friend. He loves people. He listens, he prays, he advises and he propels them into their destinies.

He’s talented. He plays guitar and percussion. He’s got an awesome voice. I love it when he sings to me when we dance. He’s a great teacher. He’s artistic. He’s a great dancer. He has a way with the written word as well as the spoken word. He’s intelligent.

I’ve watched him over the past thirty years become a man of God that I’m so proud of. He loves God, he loves me, he loves our children and he loves others. He’s a good man.

Happy Birthday Babe. I love you more today than yesterday. You’re the best.

© Nadine Z. 2008

28 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday, Tom! Now, tell me, Nadine - what are you doing up commenting at 2:12 a.m.? I'm trying to get Kate back to sleep!

Cherrye said...

You posted this at 2:00 AM? Wow. This was a beautiful tribute to your honey!! Have a great day together!

Scarlet said...

You couldn't have given him a better tribute! Wow!

I hope he has a happy birthday and that you continue to have many good times together. He sounds like a keeper. :)

david santos said...

Hello, Nadine!

Happy Birthday for Babe.

Have a good weekend

Emancipation of the Freed said...

you are too kind... :)
Thank you

KAYLEE said...

lovely post :)

Art said...

Happy birthday to Tom!!!

Tammy said...

Oh Happy Birthday to your sweet husband!!!
What a wonderful tribute! Your marriage is such an inspiration...I know no marriage is perfect, but I do admire how you bless each other!

(Your hubby is close in age to mine! My husband will turn 48 on his next b-day in the fall!)

Jen(n) said...

Happy Birthday Tom!!!

j said...

TOM! Happy Birthday. I wish I had come by sooner. Um, Tom, I think Nadine likes you. Do you like her too? Check yes or no.
Have a LOVE-ly weekend, you two.
Jennifer

Delina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Hope you both had a great day - but then it sounds like every day is great together!

Shionge said...

Happy Birthday Tom and many many happy returns, blessed you both Nadine & Tom :D

Louise said...

What an amazing tribute!! You are blessed! He sounds like a wonderful man!
Happy Birthday Tom!

Keshi said...

Happy Birthday Tom!

Keshi.

eph2810 said...

What an awesome tribute to the man you love :) - Happy belated birthday Tom. I hope you had a splendid celebration.

Desert Reiver said...

Happy Birthday Tom!

Desert Reiver said...

Happy Birthday Tom!!

Knitting Mania said...

Such a great tribute to the love of your life. Wishing you both more of God's favor and blessings in your marriage.

Jill said...

Wonderful words! Happy Birthday to your husband.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tom! May all your birthday wishes come true this coming year.

Demara said...

Happy B Day~

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tom!

Lala's world said...

ahh you guys are so in love.. that is so wonderful!
happy belated birthday

Deb said...

Happy Birthday Tom!
Blessings.

palmtreefanatic said...

I hope Tom had a wonderful birthday!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful man.
Susan

Ann(ie) said...

HAPPY BELATED BDAY TOM!!!!!

Knit-Wit said...

A beautiful tribute to your husband. Happy Belated Birthday, Tom!