Thursday, October 09, 2008

Day 4 – Not Quite Wichita

We didn’t go all the way to Wichita, but instead we are in McPherson, KS. Tom has been doing all the driving. The truck is 24 feet and the car carrier makes it even longer. He’s just awesome. I have offered to drive, but he insists on doing it all. Tom rocks!

We were going to go to Wichita today, but he got tired and so we stopped. It was the best thing to do. We had dinner at the restaurant next door and have been resting for the evening.

It seems the parts of the states we have gone through are just the dry flat areas. I know there are other parts that are beautiful and colorful. I just found it amusing that we didn’t hit any of them.

Here are some pictures from our road trip today.

Visitor Center in Kansas

© Nadine Zawacki 2008

13 comments:

Kelly said...

You know, I somehow got behind on your blog. I switched over to the blog reader in the Blogger dashboard and I think I entered your site wrong. Well, I clicked on it today (in my favorites list) and saw that you were almost in Wichita! After backtracking a few weeks, I saw that you're moving to Dallas! Good luck with that! It really is a very beautiful and unique city. I hope you enjoy it. It's a big change from where you've been, though I'm sure you know that.

Damselfly said...

So did you play any car trip games while doing all that driving through that flat land? Hee hee. Hope your trip and move go smoothly.

Linda said...

This is quite the road trip your on! Too bad you haven't had any really amazing fall scenery...at least that would make the long drive more bearable.

Strider said...

Wasn't eastern Colorado boring?

The Queen's Castle said...

Just came across your blog....
Read your prologue... oooohhh, sounds great. I'll look out for it!
Have a safe trip, driving down here to Texas.

Many blessings

Diane Viere said...

Nadine & Tom,

Thanks for sharing your road trip with us!

It's so much more than a road trip isn't it! Blessings as you continue to walk with the LORD....all the way to Texas!

Diane

Amydeanne said...

heyyyy Wichita.. we used to go there monthly for a little holiday. (when we lived around there).

Hope you're getting closer to "home"

United Studies said...

I would love to take a road trip like this...

Theresa said...

Are we there yet?

Lala's world said...

quite the journey you are on! glad you are documenting it!

Anonymous said...

Dave's mom was born in McPherson KS. I have never longed to go see it tho. Thanks for the updates, every day I have been asking Jill, "how far do you think they are today?" so she has been reading your blog faithfully. Love you!!! Helen

palmtreefanatic said...

looks like quite a trip...

Susan said...

Staying on the interstates are always boring to me, but traveling like you are, and in a hurry, that is the only way.
Susan