Saturday, September 26, 2009

Birthday Week

Yesterday was my birthday. I had a great day. Tom could not have been sweeter or more attentive if he tried. Before I get to that, let me tell you about birthday week. One of the ladies at church had a recent birthday and I noticed it was being celebrated for the whole week. Tom kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday and I kept coming up with a blank. It’s been hard for me to get excited about my birthday. It has nothing to do with age. I’m fine with my age. It had been a rough year. We sold our home that I loved, moved twice and had to deal with cancer again.

Having a week long celebration really helped. Tom made me some very special seafood dinners and was so sweet to me leading up to my birthday. I had shrimp scampi and Sicilian Seafood Stew. Yummy.

On my actual birthday he couldn’t have been more of a prince. He got up and came back from the store with: beautiful pink roses, a lovely card, my favorite Starbucks latte and a cream cheese bagel. We went to the movies. We saw Fame. I loved the original. The remake was okay, but my movie partner was handsome and charming. We bought some nice steaks, lobster tail and King Crab legs. That’s right he made me an incredible birthday dinner.

I had such a great day with Tom. My kids called. I got lots of birthday love on Facebook. I received a Happy Birthday text, lovely cards in the mail and even an e-card. I felt very loved and very special.

So if you find yourself not wanting to celebrate your birthday – make a week long event out of it. Trust me. If you love your birthday stretch it out for a week.

Thank you Tom for loving me and making me feel special.

© Nadine Zawacki 2009

17 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm, I wonder who that lady was : ) I'm so glad you enjoyed it!! The food sounded GREAT and it's nice to be lavished with attention and love. See you tomorrow Nadine! Love you

Ginnie said...

great story. and the hat, well, it does look like a lampshade! glad you had a special week...keep blogging, and I'll keep lurking and posting,depending on the day....

Linda said...

Happy Happy Birthday Nadine! I'm so glad your day was enjoyable!

My birthday was Thursday and I felt the same way as you...I too received many good wishes and felt much love. We both has alot to be thankful for!

Your Tom is a doll!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Dear Nadine,

Sending Happy Birthday wishes to you! (I wasn't on facebook yesterday to send a greeting to you)

Happy to hear about your special week ~ best wishes being sent your way!

palmtreefanatic said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday Nadine! You deserve it!
Your so Blessed to have such a wonderful hubby!:) he did take great care of you indeed!
I totally Agree that Birthdays need to be stretched out in a week;) As I am planning for mine next month;)

you have no doubt been through alot in the past year, and now...well I believe your stronger then ever:)

Anonymous said...

My birthday week starts next Saturday...it's right after your birthday week...hehe

It's sounds like you had a better time that I'll be having...sigh...

Life is hard right now...

And so I run away in other Blogger's lives...

off to read some more...

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Nadine!!!

Jill said...

How sweet of your hubby....so glad your birthday was so special and so TASTY!

Dawn said...

My time at Women of Faith was great, and now my birthday will stretch out for the next week. I kinda like it that way, too.

chelle said...

Happy belated birthday~ So glad you were treated special :)

Brenda said...

Happy, Happy Birthday (a couple days late) sweet Nadine!

alvin said...

happy belated!

Bex said...

love love love that picture!

and so jealous you saw Fame! (i'm gonna live forever.... lalalalalaaaaaa)

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NADINE!!! I'm so happy that you had a wonderful week.The food ,the movie and most important the love.May God Bless you Dear.XXOO Marie Antionette

Scarlet said...

Happy Birthday, Chica!! Tom is so sweet and loving to you, and your day sounds just perfect! A man who can whip up a meal like that after a full and fun day is priceless!...but then so are you! :)

j said...

Happy belated Birthday Nadine.

You really have had one more year. I am glad that you had a wonderful week to celebrate.

Hugs Nadine!

a woman who is said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday wish!!!!

Sounds like you had a most fabulous week! And a particularly yummy one.

I love that picture of you as a little girl!