Monday, April 12, 2010

Facebook Flirting

Tom and I are not the only couple that flirt on Facebook. I know it may seem that way, because we do it so often. Why flirt on Facebook, especially when you’re living in the same house? Because it’s fun. I love him and I don’t care who knows it. Sometimes I just like reminding him in writing that he’s the one for me. It brings a smile to my face and my heart jumps a beat when I read his proclamations of love.

I’m a firm believer in expressing your love for your spouse. Just because the “honeymoon” is over the passion, fun, and excitement shouldn’t be. A honeymoon is defined as the traditional holiday taken by newlyweds to celebrate their marriage in intimacy and seclusion. No one said that intimacy should be over when the “honeymoon” is.

When we got married, I stood in front of God, our family and friends and proclaimed my love for Tom. Facebook is just an extension of that for me. In this day of electronic communication why not use it to express yourself. People do that with blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc. all the time. When we were dating Tom would write me these beautiful love letters, now he leaves me little notes on Facebook. He still gives me romantic cards and notes, but Facebook has become part of his expression of love for me.

I don’t mind expressing my love for Tom on Facebook. It’s not the only way that I express my love, just one of them.

So if you have a Facebook account, try a little flirting with the one you love.

© Nadine Zawacki 2010

6 comments:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

two words...
Madly & Passionately!

Jill said...

I agree.... and so does my red hot smokin' husband - ha!

United Studies said...

Peter and I flirt on FB, and I like doing it. :-)

Shionge said...

It is really nice to know that the ' fire & spark ' is still burning & flying ;D

j said...

We don't both have Facebook accounts but I think I will send Bryan a love note via email today. Thanks for the nudge :)

Have a wonderful week Nadine!

Cheri said...

How sweet. My hubby doesn't use the compute much...but a couple of times he's sent me an email from his rarely used work account and it's brought a smile to my face.