Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rearview Mirror

You ever notice how things look different in your rearview mirror? When I’m driving sometimes looking in the rearview mirror doesn’t help because I still have to turn my head to see what’s going on in my “blind spot.”

Looking backwards can help at times. I can see what is behind me and if something is sneaking up to surprise me. My blind spot is what can cause me to crash and burn if I’m not careful.

Lately I’ve found that I’m in a place where looking in the rearview mirror is not helpful at all. I’m at a place where it’s time to look ahead. It’s time to see what is before me without the distractions of what’s behind. The blind spot has caught me by surprise but I’ve been amazed at how much I’ve seen coming. Here’s the thing – whether I saw it coming or it snuck up on me it still hurt.

A smart woman would take the lessons from the past and apply it to the future. Dwelling in the past doesn’t help me. It only causes more hurt. Learning from it and moving ahead is what’s helpful.

Today is a new day. For the time being it’s best not to look back. I don’t want to miss what God has for me by the distractions of the past. The road ahead is wide and promising. The road ahead is good. I’m grateful God has my back and He covers my “blind side.”

© Nadine Zawacki 2011

7 comments:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

Nice post, I with you Babe :)

Unknown said...

So true :)

Italian Bird said...

:)

Dawn said...

Such good thoughts for this morning. I have been noticing the "blind spot" in my car so much lately - it's so true that the mirror is good, but not enough. Great analogy as usual!

Thanks for coming over to visit again, and for the kind words about my sweeties.

Dawn said...

PS - re swimming lessons - I doubt they had any such when I was a kid, but I sure needed them. I almost drowned at age 10 in a lake in Minnesota and have a very unhealthy fear or water to this day.

Alene said...

Thanks for reminding me it's time to look ahead!!!

Christina said...

Now that is a good idea!