Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Just in Time for Summer . . .


Just in time for summer, I finished a crochet blanket for my king size bed that I’ve worked on for a good part of a year.  It matches my comforter set. To be honest I thought I wouldn’t see it completed. I started to wonder if one day my great, great, granddaughter would feel sorry for her ancestor who couldn’t finish a crochet blanket and it was up to her to bring back honor to the family name by finally completing what great, great grandma couldn’t. Here's a close up look at it.


As I worked on the blanket, it taught me a few things. Sometimes I needed to take a break from it. My hand would hurt or my old eyes got weary. If I took too long of a break, then it was hard to get back in the grove of things, but just enough of a break rejuvenated me. If I just gave up, it would still be there to mock me. I’m glad I never gave up.

I found that I sometimes need to take a break in life also. There had been time, it got too crazy and my mind started to hurt. I felt guilty if I took the day off and “goofed off.” Mental health days are important for my well being. Just like the blanket it helped to stop when I needed a break to rejuvenate.

Thank you Lord for teaching me to stop, relax and recharge. Thank you for making it better and helping me to see clearer.

© Nadine Zawacki 2015

No comments: