Monday, October 16, 2006

Boss’s Day

Today is Boss’s Day and in case I would have forgotten, the office manager at work made sure it was on the calendar. She said a couple of weeks ago, that I have Secretary’s Day, the doctor we work for has “Doctor’s Day”, but Boss’s Day is her day. Now understand this, this would not have been a problem if she was a good boss.

My workplace is not an enjoyable environment for me. I struggle to go there everyday, but this is not news to God. The people I work with, I can’t trust. My office manager especially doesn’t seem to like me much. My saving grace, the doctor loves me. He thinks no one else can do my job (especially the office manager, which by the way doesn’t help her to like me any better) and when I came back from an extended vacation, he told me to make sure I fix any mistakes that may have been made. This makes it difficult to get time off. Don’t get me wrong, who doesn’t like being needed, but I would love to have job where I am not missed that much.

So, with all this in mind, I bought the card for the other girls to sign. I organized them to do something for her. We bought her lunch today and gave her the card and she was very happy. I’m glad she was happy. God has been softening my heart. It doesn’t matter in the long run if she is a good boss or not. What does matter is am I a good employee. That is what matters to God. I am responsible for my actions and not the actions of others. God has placed her in authority over me and it doesn’t matter if I agree with the way she leads. My responsibility is to pray for her also. So Happy Boss’s Day Linda.

© Nadine Z.

1 comment:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

Hi Babe:

Lessons learned in the fire aren't easy but these do make us more like Him.

I love you,
Tom