Friday, June 07, 2013

32

Today Tom and I celebrate thirty two years of marriage. That is a pretty extraordinary accomplish in and of itself but I can honestly say that I love him more today than when I said those I do's.

What I didn't realize then was the dept of love we would share. I was only nineteen years old on that day. I've matured and I've grown or at least I hope I have. Tom had a lot to do with the woman I've become. God used him to soften my rough edges and used me to lighten him up. We have two beautiful children that we couldn't be more proud of if we tried.

Looking back there were mistakes, there were tears but mostly there was love mixed with lots of laughter. The tough times were made easier by the faith we shared. God helped us through the deaths of my dad, his mom and cancer. So I thank God today for the man He gave me thirty two years ago today to share my life with. The man He chose to be the father of my children. He's not perfect, just perfect for me. 

Tom, you're a good man and the love of my life. I love you with my whole heart. Happy Anniversary.

© Nadine Zawacki 2013

6 comments:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

madly and passionately Zawacki, madly and passionately.

Elle*Bee said...

Congratulations. Wishing you many, many more.

Peppy Marie said...

So I'm watching this movie on Hallmark (The Locket)and one of the lines is that the guy sez he feels like a prisoner of circumstance. Hmm, I thought, "I like that phrase". 49 years old and I never heard of it. So of course, I google it. Duh! I'm led to your book. Oh look, she's from Brooklyn. Me too! Haven't been there since we were seven, but the second I open my mouth I'm awl Brooklyn! Can't help it! So I keep reading. get lawst! I married my high school sweetheart too! 28 years this Sept! We're still so stinkin' in love! He's my rock!! We're Christians too. He's a priest as a matter of fact. Stop gapin'! He's an Anglican priest. So I keep reading and OMGoodness you are not serious!!! ANNE!!! My Anne of Green Gables!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Anne of Green Gables!! How and why did you end up there? Share, share share it awl!! You have yaself a new fan!!
Peppy Marie

Nadine said...

@Peppy Marie - Thank you for your comments. Tom is a pastor and it has taken us all over the US and now to Canada. It's been a great adventure. Must be that time in Brooklyn when people meet and stay together for all these years. Have to ask you if your hubby gave you an "ankle bracelet" when you were dating? I still have mine.

Peppy Marie said...

LOL!!!!!!! Ya crackin' me at the seams!! He DID give me an ankle bracelet and I still have it!! It was silver with sapphires. Do you still wear yawz? I should bring mine to the jeweler to bring it back to life.

Yes, we've been around the US also. Not all over. We've been to Fl, NH, and now CA. When we were in NH we almost made it to PEI. Next year I'm going to do something I've never done before. I'm going on vacation without my husband. Hopefully when the time comes I'll be able to do it. I'm planning an AnnE trip with my sister in law and a close friend in NH. Both are in love with AnnE as much as I am. Pray this happens!!

Shionge said...

Wishing both of you more good years folks. Congratulation:D