Saturday, April 13, 2019

Dancing Queen

After having my second complete knee replacement surgery a month ago, I find myself discouraged. The second operation eight weeks after the first one was rougher than expected. I had trouble with pain control and just when I was getting better, I’ve had trouble this past week with stomach issues. Food has not been my friend. Thank God I have extra reserves to get by. J Tired of feeling sorry for myself, I decided to watch, “Mama Mia, Here We Go Again.”

A little background. I grew up in the seventies and I loved the singing group, “ABBA.” I loved to dance and they had great dancing music. My favorite song, “Dancing Queen.” I would dance and dance all around the house.

It’s rare for a sequel to exceed the original, but this one did for me. I found myself getting caught up in the story and the music. Such fun. When they sang my favorite song, I cranked it up and danced in my bed. Believe me, it was a sight to be seen.

I realized that even though my knees hurt still and I have good and bad days, it doesn’t change the fact that they are better than before surgery. There is hope that as time passes, my knees will get better. My Physical Therapist and doctor both stated that I’m doing well and on track.

But here’s the thing, my mind is slow to believe and slow to accept. I looked at my two very scarred legs and that’s all I can see. At times, it feels like the pain overrides the blessings to come.  

This movie showed me something. As the music filled the air, it filled my heart. God reminded me that I’m still a “Dancing Queen.” He created me to dance and to laugh and be filled with hope. My name, Nadine, means hope. When my hope gets attack, who I am is dented, but God made me hopeful. That’s what I am. I’m hopeful that my knees will continue to get better. I will be a “Dancing Queen,” again.

Thank you, Lord for using ABBA music to fill my heart and soul with hope and encouragement.

© Nadine Zawacki, 2019

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nadine,
You will get better and better. Praying for a complete recovery and that you will once again be the Dancing Queen in WA. Pain will decrease, stomach issues will be gone, and healing is assured, in the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

He will restore you to health and heal you of your wounds.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

Kari Jobe sings You Are My Healer. Check it out.

https://youtu.be/Yzejd6r9DwE

Love and prayers,
Donna

Clipping Path said...


Really nice and informative blog, keep it up buddy…