Monday, May 29, 2017

Take Courage

It’s been a long time since I sat at my laptop and started to write. When my heart hurts, it’s hard to flow creatively. It’s difficult to see beyond my pain. Last year was a difficult year for me. In the beginning of the year, I lost my Mom. She was 90 years old and she was ill, but my heart is having a hard healing from the lost.

If that was the only thing that happened last year, I might be able to deal with it. But my brother got ill and was in the hospital. Tom had trouble with his heart. I was struggling with back trouble and I had a hard time walking. My back still troubles me from time to time. My cousin past away and my heart didn’t stand a chance.

But in the darkness came joy, my daughter got engaged to a wonderful man whom we love. They are getting married this year and my heart couldn’t be more thrilled. It is something I prayed for since she was a little girl – that she would find a man who would love her, be good to her and fill her heart. God answered that prayer.

There is a worship song written by Kristene DiMarco, Jeremy Riddle and Joel Taylor (CCLI# 7074837) that speaks to me. It encourages me. Here are the lyrics.

Slow down take time, breathe in He said
He’d reveal what’s to come
The thoughts in His mind, always higher than mine
And He’ll reveal all to come

Take courage my heart, stay steadfast my soul
He’s in the waiting; He’s in the waiting
Hold onto your hope, as your triumph unfolds
He’s never failing, He’s never failing

Sing praise my soul, find strength in joy
Let His words lead you on
Do not forget, His great faithfulness
He’ll finish all He’s begun

You who hold the stars, who call them each by name
Will surely keep Your promise to me
That I will rise in Your victory.

I find the hardest place to be is in a place where you’re in a hallway. What I mean by that is one door of opportunity has closed and you’re waiting for another door to open. It’s this place where God is in the waiting. Whether it is dealing with a death, or health problems, or anything it is life brings your way; “the waiting” is difficult.

This song reminds me that God is in “the waiting.” He never fails and the best thing I can do is to “hold onto my hope.”

So help me Lord, to hold onto hope and trust in You. You never fail and you are with me even in the toughest of time.

© Nadine Zawacki 2017

4 comments:

Tom Schultz said...

Wasn't sure if comments were disallowed. Glad you are doing better and look forward to you writing your next book!

Oscar Fernandez said...

Very helpful information.!Thank you so much for the detailed article

Clipping Path Service said...

I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful

David Millar said...


I am so grateful for your article. Thanks Again. Really Cool. Photo Retouching Services
background removal service